Our Naturopathic doctors may recommend specific lab testing which may assist with identifying the root of your health concerns.
Lab testing requisitioned by a Naturopathic doctor in Ontario is not covered by OHIP, but may be covered by some insurance providers.
Routine Lab testing:
- Routine lab tests – Thyroid panel (TSH, T3, T4, anti-TG, anti-TPO), Cholesterol panel, Liver/digestive panel, blood sugar, inflammatory markers, male/female hormones, vitamins (iron, B12, Vitamin D), stool, urine culture & more.
- Fertility panel – AMH, Thyroid panel, Day 21 progesterone, FSH, LH, estrogen, DHEA, cortisol
Specialized Lab testing
These specialized tests are not provided by a family doctor but can only be requisitioned by a Naturopathic Doctor. Some of these tests may also be covered by select insurance providers.These tests include:
- IgG Food Sensitivity Tests– Food sensitivity testing can assist with identifying delayed-responses to food allergens. Food sensitivities may lead to acne, eczema, digestive problems, gas & bloating, fatigue, weight issues, difficulty concentrating & more. This is the most commonly requested test at Aspire Health.
- Micronutrient Test – An assessment of an individual’s vitamin and mineral status to determine potential deficiencies.
- Hair Element Analysis – A hair sample is collected to assess the values of essential and toxic elements.
- Hormone Panels – Saliva or urine tests used to uncover hormone imbalances for both women and men.
- Organic Acids Test – an evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria; this test is particularly useful in determining appropriate treatment for those with behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement and neurological disorders, unexplained fatigue and impaired immune function.
- Gut Well Digestive Stool Analysis – Comprehensive stool analysis identifying microbial balance, identifying pathogens and assessing gastrointestinal disorders.
- Urinary Heavy Metal Test – An assessment of toxic metal retention and essential element status.
- SIBO Test – Testing provides information about the presence of bacteria overgrowth. It can address symptoms of gas, bloating, indigestion, IBS, fatigue, GERD.
- Thermography – Thermography is a tool used to examine areas of interest in the body. Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging (DITI) is a non-invasive procedure used to aid in the detection, prognosis and monitoring of conditions and therapies.
- Thermography is not just a test suited for breast evaluation. Thermography has clinical indication for a variety of health concerns including:
- Back pain
- Breast Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Disc Disease
- Digestive disorder
- Unexplained pain & more
For breast evaluation it is used as an adjective tool but is not enough to diagnose breast cancer. It can however point to areas of inflammation which occur with temperature changes that are seen with tumour formation. It is ideal for women with dense breasts as mammography has a low sensitivity for this condition.
The positives? The test is RADIATION-FREE and FDA- Approved. As well it is painless, non-invasive, and free of body contact. Results are available within 48 hours. Images are reviewed by a MD and a copy will be sent to your Naturopathic Doctor.
Your wellness journey begins here. We are your holistic health partner. Book today with one of our integrative Practitioners.
Stay up to date with our Body Work Feed
Fertility Lessons: A Shift in Perspective
Over the years, working with couples to improve their fertility has taught me many lessons. The most important lessons are ones that cannot be found in research articles, textbooks or Dr. Google. Having a positive mindset is more beneficial than any acupuncture...