Comprehensive Lab Testing
Our Naturopathic doctors may recommend specific lab testing which may assist with identifying the root of your health concerns.
Lab testing requisitioned by a Naturopathic doctor in Ontario is not covered by OHIP, but may be covered by some insurance providers.
Routine lab tests: Thyroid panel (TSH, T3, T4, anti-TG, anti-TPO), Cholesterol panel, Liver/digestive panel, blood sugar, inflammatory markers, male/female hormones, vitamins (iron, B12, Vitamin D), stool, urine culture & more.
Fertility panel – AMH, Thyroid panel, Day 21 progesterone, FSH, LH, estrogen, DHEA, cortisol.
Specialized Lab testing
These specialized tests are not provided by a family doctor but can only be requisitioned by a Naturopathic Doctor. Some of these tests may also be covered by select insurance providers.These tests include:
- IgG Food Sensitivity Tests– Food sensitivity testing can assist with identifying delayed-responses to food allergens. Food sensitivities may lead to acne, eczema, digestive problems, gas & bloating, fatigue, weight issues, difficulty concentrating & more. This is the most commonly requested test at Aspire Health.
- Micronutrient Test – An assessment of an individual’s vitamin and mineral status to determine potential deficiencies.
- Hair Element Analysis – A hair sample is collected to assess the values of essential and toxic elements.
- Hormone Panels – Saliva or urine tests used to uncover hormone imbalances for both women and men.
- Organic Acids Test – an evaluation of intestinal yeast and bacteria; this test is particularly useful in determining appropriate treatment for those with behavior disorders, hyperactivity, movement and neurological disorders, unexplained fatigue and impaired immune function.
- Gut Well Digestive Stool Analysis – Comprehensive stool analysis identifying microbial balance, identifying pathogens and assessing gastrointestinal disorders.
- Urinary Heavy Metal Test – An assessment of toxic metal retention and essential element status.
- SIBO Test – Testing provides information about the presence of bacteria overgrowth. It can address symptoms of gas, bloating, indigestion, IBS, fatigue, GERD.
Please talk to your Naturopathic Doctor about which lab testing is more appropriate for your individual health concerns. We also offer a Thermography Clinic on select dates throughout the year. For more info on THERMOGRAPHY, read this.