Why choose to see a ND? Consider these points below:
1) Another view on health. ND’s provide a holistic view of health – one that encompasses the mental, emotional and physical aspects of self.
2) Lengthy visits. A patient has 1 hour on average to discuss ALL their health concerns.
3) A non-drug prescription approach. ND’s use vitamins, herbs and other nutritional supplements as a form of treatment as well as acupuncture, counselling and lifestyle modifications.
4) Specialized Testing. A ND can order lab testing for all the standard bloodwork given by their family doctor, including testing for cholesterol and blood sugar levels. ND’s can also test for Food Sensitivities, Saliva Female hormones, Comprehensive Stool analysis, Vitamin testing and more…
5) Individualized care. ND’s investigate a patient’s lifestyle. Poor diet and sleep quality, increased stress levels, emotional strain and other factors can play a role with a person’s overall health. Modifications, even small ones, can make a big difference overtime.
6) A partner in health. ND’s incorporate their patients in the decision-making process when deciding treatment outcomes and goals.
7) A second set of eyes. ND’s can request past bloodwork and medical reports from family doctors and specialists to review whether certain tests are in optimal range or also consider other tests that may be required.
8) Prevention. Patients are increasingly seeking a proactive approach to their health. For example, if there appears to be a trend toward elevated blood sugar over the years, a ND will focus on diet and other supportive therapies to help prevent diabetes.
9) Quick access. Usually a patient can get a booking to see a ND in a relatively quick amount of time. In addition, standard lab results are usually obtained within 24 hours allowing for quick results and treatment.
10) Health advocate. Your ND is willing to work with all your healthcare partners. A ND will advocate for you and help guide you on your journey toward optimal health.