Easter is a celebration that focuses on food and fun! Dying eggs to create rainbow coloured eggs has been a long since tradition for many families. For these eggs we’re using all-natural food dyes! That way you don’t have to worry about any harsh or toxic chemicals around your kids with this fun egg decorating craft.
Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 dozen white eggs, hard boiled
- 1 head of red cabbage, chopped
- 4 red beets, chopped
- 6 tablespoons ground turmeric
- 9 cups of water
- 12 tablespoons white vinegar
Here’s how to do it:
- Place red cabbage, beets, and turmeric into 3 separate pots, with 3 cups of water each
- Bring each pot to a boil and then simmer for about 30-minutes
- Strain each mixture, once cooled and pour back into respective pots
- Mix 4 tablespoons of white vinegar into each pot
- Place cooled hard-boiled eggs into each mixture, making sure they’re completely submerged – spoon out eggs once desired colour is achieved (from 1-minute to 30-minutes)
- Place them back into the egg tray to dry – once completely dried, you can decorate with paint
Happy egg decorating!