We are pleased to announce that our OT Lucia is able to provide her Infant Massage Workshop now online! Her next workshop is on Sat. July 18th at 10am. Booking for session one is now available here.
Why should parents or caregivers take this class? There are may benefits to infant massage for both baby and caregivers! Lucia will share:
- An understanding of the benefits of massage for infants and caregivers.
- How to ask your baby “permission” to offer massage.
- How to recognize your infant’s “stop” and “go” signs during massage.
- Preferred oils to be used during infant massage.
In session one:
- Parents/caregivers will learn how to apply massage techniques for the legs, tummy and chest.
In session two (to be scheduled at a later date):
- Parents/caregivers will learn additional massage techniques for the arms, back and face.
Each session will start off with a 10-minute review of the objectives, followed by 20 minutes of interactive learning, where parents/caregivers will apply the massage techniques outlined above on their baby who is (preferably) present. If baby is not available during for the interactive learning part of the workshop, parents/caregivers could easily use a doll to learn with????. The last 10 minutes will be open for questions and discussion. Parents/caregivers will also receive handouts with pictures of all the massage techniques learned in our workshop.
This workshop will be offered by Lucia Cacciacarro, Occupational Therapist and Certified Infant Massage Teacher. Lucia works with infants and young children in both a hospital and outpatient clinic setting. She also has a private practice and offers consultation services through Aspire Health.
If you are interested in attending one of her workshops, please email the clinic at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or book directly online. Only session one can be booked now. As well, you may choose if you want to do one or both sessions. Each session costs 25.00 plus hst. We hope you join us!