5 tbsp coconut oil
4 tbsp raw honey / date syrup / pure maple syrup
3 tbsp nut butter or tahini (for nut free)
200g / 2 cups rolled oats
0.75 cup wild blueberries
Optional Drizzle Topping:
1 tbsp coconut cream
3 tsp orange juice squeezed
1. Preheat the oven to 170c / 340f. Line a baking dish with greaseproof paper. 8in x 8in dish works great.
2. Melt the coconut oil, honey and nut butter in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Once melted and combined, stir in the oats and continue to mix until all the oats have been coated. Fold in the blueberries.
3. Transfer the mixture into the baking dish and firmly with the back of a spoon press down and into the sides to make it as compact as possible. Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the sides are just beginning to brown.
4. Leave to cool in the dish and then transfer to the fridge for at least 1 hour or preferably overnight. This is essential to stop the bars from crumbling and falling apart.
5. Once the mixture has completely cooled mix the coconut cream and orange juice together and drizzle over the top and finally, cut into eight bars. Enjoy!