This delicious recipe is gluten free, dairy free and egg free!
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (or non dairy milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar, more for rolling
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (you can just take oats and grind them in blender)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the coconut oil, molasses, almond milk, and coconut sugar. Whisk until uniform.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, brown rice flour, oat flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet in 2 parts, stirring to form a dough. Add a bit more almond milk if the mixture is very dry. Chill dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
5. Scoop the dough and place on sheet big enough to use your ginger bread cookie cutter mold. If you don’t want to turn them into gingerbread men, you can just roll them into balls (don’t flatten).
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown at the edges. The cookies will harden as they cool. Let sit for 5 minutes before placing cookies on a wire rack to cool. Feel free to add any icing or sprinkles to decorate if you like!